The XV World Forestry Congress (XV WFC) will be held from 2 to 6 May 2022 in Seoul, Republic of Korea. The Congress was originally scheduled for May of 2021, but was postponed due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The theme of the XV WFC is Building a Building a Green, Healthy and Resilient Future with Forests. Under this overarching theme, there are six sub-themes which will address the most important current issues concerning forests and the products and services they provide:
- The importance of containing and reversing forest and tree-cover loss in attaining multiple global goals.
- Forests’ role in addressing global environmental challenges, including climate change and biodiversity conservation.
- The important contribution of forest products and services to national economies and strategies for enhanced financing in the sector.
- The use of forest resources to improve livelihoods, health and well-being.
- Ways to improve forest monitoring, data collection and knowledge management.
- Enhancing multi-stakeholder partnerships and cooperation for the improved management and utilization of forest resources.