This second RDF meeting consisted of a foresight exercise, organised in two workshops (7 December 2021 and 8 February 2022). The aim of this exercise was to develop linkages between the DESIRA Living Lab scenarios up to 2031 and the Long-Term Vision for rural areas in 2040. The specific objectives are:
- to explore DESIRA scenarios through the lens of the EU Long-Term Vision 2040;
- to enrich the scenarios composed by DESIRA local stakeholders; and
- develop an EU-level vision around digital rural areas to complement the Long-Term Vision.
First workshop (7 December 2021)
- Introduction to the foresight exercise, objectives, methodology and expected impacts | Dominic Duckett (James Hutton Institute) – Presentation, Video
- EU policy context: The long-term vision for rural areas | Alexia Rouby (DG AGRI, European Commission) – Presentation, Video
- Joint Research Centre’s foresight study on the future of EU rural areas 2040 | Maciej Krzysztofowicz (JRC) – Presentation, Video
- SHERPA’s overview of a sample of scenario and foresight studies at EU and international levels | Sabrina Arcuri (University of Pisa) – Presentation, Video
- Scenario Planning Methodology | Dominic Duckett (James Hutton Institute) – Presentation
- Scenarios emerging from the DESIRA Living Labs: the Latvian case | Mikelis Grivins (Baltic Studies Centre) – Video
- Scenarios emerging from the DESIRA Living Labs: the Scottish case | Leanne Townsend (James Hutton Institute) – Presentation, Video
- Highlights of first workshop
Second workshop (8 February 2022)
The Rural Digitalisation Forum (RDF) is a platform, set-up within the DESIRA project, bringing together a wide range of stakeholders working on digitalisation of rural areas. The RDF aims to be a space for sharing experiences, ideas and recommendations, and communicating them across Europe.