In June 2021, the European Commission expects to publish the Communication on the Long-Term Vision for Rural Areas. Digitalisation will certainly have a prominent role in the future of rural areas, as a mega trend already affecting agriculture, forestry and the life of rural citizens across Europe. DESIRA’s Rural Digitalisation Forum developed over the last months a series of recommendations to guide sustainable digitalisation in agriculture, forestry and rural areas in 2040.
This is the 2nd Webinar organised in the context of the Rural Digitalisation Forum. Members of the forum and other interested rural stakeholders came together to:
- get a common understanding of the envisaged role of digitalisation in the Communication on the Long-Term Vision for Rural Areas;
- reflect on the recommendations produced by the Rural Digitalisation Forum to boost sustainable digitalisation of agriculture, forestry and rural areas;
- identify key challenges and opportunities of digitalisation for the future;
- exchange on the policy support needed on the ground to ensure sustainable digitalisation of agriculture, forestry and rural areas.
- Digitalisation in the EU long-term vision for rural areas – Juan Velasco (DG AGRI, European Commission) | Video
- Principles for a sustainable rural digitalisation – Gianluca Brunori (University of Pisa) | Presentation, Video
- Needs and expectations for digitalisation emerging from DESIRA Living Labs – Fabio Bartolini (University of Ferrara) | Presentation, Video
- Digitalisation in agriculture by 2040 (discussion) – Cynthia Giagnocavo (University of Almeria) | Presentation, Video
- Digitalisation in forestry by 2040 (discussion) – Monia Santini (CMCC) | Presentation, Video
- Digitalisation in rural areas by 2040 (discussion) – Emilija Stojmenova (4P Digital Innovation Hub) | Presentation, Video
- DESIRA contribution to the Long-Term Vision for Rural Areas (See Briefing)
- Digital Game Changers shaping the future of agriculture, forestry and rural areas by 2040 (See article)